Folic acid, is a water-soluble B vitamin that converts in the body to the coenzyme tetrahydro folic acid (THFA) by accepting and donating single carbon groups. This is referred to as “one-carbon metabolism”, a vital step in the process of DNA formation. THFA is involved in a number of additional key metabolic reactions. It supports the healthy metabolism of amino acids, particularly the conversion of homocysteine to methionine. Furthermore, folic acid functions with vitamin B12 and ascorbic acid in the breakdown and utilization of proteins*. Pure Encapsulations folic acid is synthetically produced. Hypo-allergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose.
Each (size 3) Folic Acid capsule contains 800 mcg pf Folate (as folic acid)
- Supports protein utilization and healthy blood cells‡
- Helps promote healthy foetal neural development‡
- May facilitate reproduction of red and white blood cells‡
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
- support healthy homocysteine metabolism
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Folic acid supplementation may mask vitamin B12 deficiency; however, this usually occurs at doses of 1000 mcg or higher.
- If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Folic acid may adversely interact with chemotherapeutic drugs.